Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Cat Wet Food, 85 Gms
Royal Canin Veterinary Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Cat Morsels in Gravy will help your cat fight urinary problems. And without gaining weight in the process.
Lower Urinary Tract Diseases are relatively common in cats, also known as Feline Lower Urinary Tract Diseases or FLUTD. Royal Canin SO Moderate Calorie cat food supports the nutrition of cats with urinary sensitivities and a tendency to be overweight.
Idiopathic cystitis, a painful bladder condition, is responsible for nearly 64% of cases of FLUTD. Additionally, urolithiasis – the formation of urinary stones or uroliths (including struvite and calcium oxalate) – also causes FLUTDs. As such, Royal Canin Urinary SO wet cat food is recommended thanks to its ability to increase urine dilution. Urine dilution is rather important because it decreases the concentration of struvites and calcium oxalates in urine. Additionally, the larger the urinary volume, the more frequent the bladder emptying.
Relative supersaturation (RSS) is the standard measurement for assessing the risk of crystal formation in urine. This Royal Canin Urinary wet cat food has a low RSS, meaning that the urine is undersaturated. An undersaturated urinary environment is unfavorable to the formation of struvite and calcium oxalate crystals. Consequently, Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie cat food wet promotes a low concentration of ions that can build crystals.
Together with a low RSS, Royal Canin Urinary SO cat food wet has a S/O index stamp in it. This index indicates that Royal Canin Veterinary Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Cat Morsels in Gravy can help prevent struvite and calcium oxalate stone and crystal formation. Additionally, the addition of specific nutrients helps not only to dissolve struvite stones but also to prevent reoccurrence.
Moreover, and just like its name advertises, this Royal Canin SO wet cat food features a moderate calorie content. In consequence, this urinary cat food wet will help your cat maintain their weight.
Sneak-peek of Royal Canin Veterinary Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Cat Morsels in Gravy:
- Urine dilution: the Royal Canin Cat Food Urinary wet helps dilute your cat’s urine. Therefore, this will make it less liable to form struvite and calcium oxalate uroliths.
- Struvite dissolution: in case of occurrence of struvite uroliths, Royal Canin Urinary cat food wet helps on their dissolution.
- Low RSS: the low RSS value of Royal Canin Cat Food Urinary SO will reduce the formation of urinary stones. Consequently, this will contribute to a healthy urinary system and reduction of urinary diseases.
- Moderate calorie: this Royal Canin Urinary SO Moderate Calorie cat food contains a moderate calorie content to maintain an ideal weight.
- Tasty food: Royal Canin Veterinary Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Cat Morsels in Gravy contains delicious chunks of meat in gravy sauce.
Important: Always talk to your vet before administering Royal Canin Veterinary Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Cat Morsels in Gravy and follow their recommendations.
Composition: Meat and animal derivatives, fish and fish derivatives, cereals, derivatives of vegetable origin, vegetable protein extracts, minerals, oils and fats, various sugars.
Additives: Vitamin D3: 170 IU, E1 (Iron): 2 mg, E2 (Iodine): 0.25 mg, E4 (Copper): 2 mg, E5 (Manganese): 0.5 mg, E6 (Zinc): 5 mg, Urine acidifying substances: calcium sulfate: 0.25%.
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude ash: 1.7%. Crude fiber: 1.3%. Crude oil fats: 2.7%. Moisture: 81.5%. Protein: 9.5%.